A study of the theories, concepts, methods, and tools that top managers can use to ensure the profitable and long-term growth of the businesses they run. The course will then require students to immediately put these to practice in workshop sessions designed to apply the concepts to case studies. Key topics include: why this or that business? Where will it operate? How is it going to differentiate itself? What tactics will be used to achieve its economic logic? The answers to these questions will be pursued within a framework of Christian principles.
· What is strategy? How to think globally and biblically about your business
· Introduction: The layers of the business environment
· Competition & Differentiation (Cost leadership vs. differentiation, value chain introduction)
· Expansion strategies & alliances
· Strategic choices, trade-offs, consistency in strategic decisions